Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

50 is not a senior

My gym, 24 hour fitness just sent me this email. I was so mad that I almost emailed them back.  I was very offended to say the least! FYI...50 years old is not considered a senior citizen in MY book....but apparently I am an active OLDER adult. Thanks alot 24 Hour Fitness and your effort to "energize older adults".....BUT I am NOT one of them. I do not care about Active Aging Week

Since we are on the topic of health and fitness I thought I would go ahead and share some tips.
Below are a couple of things I served at a family gathering...delicious yet still healthy. This is proof that eating healthy can be yummy!

Chocolate Protein Bars
Preheat 350/Spray pan

Mix: 
1 c oat flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
½ t baking soda
¼ t. salt
3 T Baking cocoa

Mix:
4 egg whites
8 oz. berry flavored baby food
4 oz water
¼  c stevia
Mix the 2 bowls together.

Bake 20-30 min
Makes 16 squares.  Serving = 2 bars

Fruit Skewers - what a fun way to serve fruit without the typical fruit salad.





1 comment:

  1. Oh geez.!! Those look so yummy! I'll have to try it! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete